Wednesday, February 20, 2008

O, True Apothecary...

...apologies to Billy, this isn't a post on a tragic, torrid love affair, but wedding favors. My bad.

I love the idea of a candy buffet at the reception, I know its an idea that has lost its novelty in the Wedding world, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of my guests either haven't heard of it, or haven't been to a wedding with one. So my initial fears that my guests would think I am unoriginal, was really Much Ado About Nothing (last Shakespeare reference, I promise, at least for this post). I love Knottie Suzebride's candy buffet, and used it as my initial inspiration, both for the color and candy choice.


FI was a bit uncertain, until we bought four of these apothecary jars at Kohl's for about $8 each, and got the other one for 40% off at Michael's. I'm hoping these five will be enough, since we're still doing cake and (hopefully) ice cream from Graeter's.




I've been scouring the internet for bulk candy, and believe we'll end up ordering from Candywarehouse. There are soooo many options to chose from, in the end, I think we'll go with candy that's close to our colors, and try to do a mix of fruity and chocolaty, so we'll hopefully please all our guests' palettes. here are some of the candy contenders:























Living in a dream world, I would love to get these green & pink lollipops as well, but it would break the bank to get as many as we need. And I couldn't just put out 25 or so, could I? But still, they're so cute!




Inspiration for the candy buffet is everywhere, but I found the Knot Bio dedicated to the candy buffet to be incredibly helpful. Any other areas of inspiration I should check out?


No comments: