Monday, November 26, 2007

Can I Dress You Up In My Love?

I've been MIA for a bit, but I've gotten a ton of wedding stuff done during the past week! But I'm most excited because...





I bought my wedding dress.



How do I even begin to blog about this glorious event?!

I guess I could begin by saying I thought this would never happen. Between my indecisiveness and and my pickiness, I didn't think I would be able to settle on a dress, and had a hard time doing so. I was able to find my dress on our trip to The Bridal District in Reading, Ohio. A convenient collection of many, many wedding related stores. I'll blog later on the journey to the dress.... but right now I'm soooo excited to actually have it, I want to tell you all about it!

The Dress is a Marisa Bridal Couture Gown. It has an ever so slight sweetheart neckline, which I loved. The straight across strapless was just a bit to severe on me, and the truly sweetheart necklines were a little X-rated on my well-endowed frame. This sample dress even is a bit tighter up top than my actual dress will be.

It has the fit of the slight flare/trumpet/mermaid that I absolutely love, and complements my figure well (if I do say so myself!). It hugs my curves in a way that's flattering but not over the top. The dress is 100% silk, but looks like organza, and has lace appliqué from the knee up.

I've decided to add satin faced buttons all the way down the back of the dress as another special detail. I'm also going to add a sash to the gown. Actually, two! I'm going to wear a cream colored one for the Wedding Ceremony and a green one for the Reception... that's almost like having two dress, right?














No comments: