Friday, November 16, 2007

Planning Playlist

Hello, my name is Cynthia, and I'm addicted to wedding planning...

It's true, I am addicted. The Knot, Weddingbee, Style Me Pretty, Brides, Martha Stewart, The Bride's Cafe. And I'm not even ashamed, no actually, I feel irrationally justified in my addiction. However, the piled up laundry, the still packed winter clothes, and the full dishwasher beg to differ. It is a (delightfully) terrible addiction, and I need to stop...well... at least cut back. My FI is out of town this month, so the addiction has intensified.


So what to do? It's not a terribly inordinate amount of time I spend surfing (or so I tell myself), but I'm beginning to be neglectful of the outside world. So, I've decided to create a "Planning Playlist" for my iTunes and iPod, and I've vowed to only surf the internet and pour over (the same) wedding magazines, experiment with DIY ideas until I run out of songs. This gives me about an hour of pure planning bliss each day, and then I'm done. Ok, fine sometimes I've been listening to it on repeat for 2 hours, but that's it I swear!

Below I've listed the songs on the current Planning Playlist, these are definitely subject to change. Most are songs that I love, or we're planning on incorporating into our wedding, but the cheesier Journey music at the end is specifically for my FI, so that when I'm trying out new projects, he'll be crafting right along with me. I've also tried to link some of the songs to YouTube if a good version is available...


1. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
2. Feels Like Home - Chantel Kreviazeuk (this link has Gilmore Girls clips)
3. I Never - Rilo Kiley
4. Ice Cream - Sarah McLachlan
5. Better Together - Jack Johnson
6. God Moves Through You - Jason Mraz
7. Best of What's Around - Dave Matthews Band (this link has General Hospital clips)
8. This Will Be- Natalie Cole
9. Unforgettable- Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
10. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You- Elvis Presley
11. Warm Love- Van Morrison
12. You're My Best Friend- Queen
13. Let My Love Open The Door- Pete Townshend
14. Open Arms- Journey
15. Don't Stop Believin'- Journey



In addition to using these songs as a Planning Playlist, its also a good way to compile a sample of songs to give to our DJ. And while I'm using this as a way to keep myself under control, its mostly for the times that I'm just looking for inspiration, or toying around. When it comes to the actual execution of the DIY projects I want to use and the guest list revisions, I'll take as much time as I need... and maybe next time I'll even create a longer playlist!

No comments: