Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Celebrate MORE Generously

A little while back I blogged about one way to make your wedding day into a charitable celebration, and here's another that's been floating around the Wedding Blogosphere (did I really just use the word Blogosphere?!). The White Aisle, a lovely collection of relatively inexpensive wedding accessories started by Rebecca and Dade Sokoloff. The have absolutely beautiful jewelry that I just recently bought for my bridesmaids. I got each of them a brooch to pin their sashes around their waist. I got a different one for each of my 6 'maids and also got one for my adorable flower girl. I've pictured them below.












































(This bottom brooch is for my flower girl!)

And while the site has some very beautiful things, some of them have an even more beautiful purpose behind them. As the Weddingbee and Style Me Pretty already blogged about, this new line of handmade silk accessories is created in Cambodia, by young women and girls trying to leave the sex trade. 100 % of the profits go back to helping to improve the living conditions of the girls. Unfortunately, I had already bought sashes for my girls' dresses before I saw this, but its definitely something I'm considering for my flower girl's sash and ring bearer's pillow. I also might get some of the silk flowers to accent some of the ceremony and reception decor. Its definitely worth checking out, they're beautiful accessories that help an amazing cause.



No comments: