Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I *Heart* Fern Curls

I just blogged about my florist last time, but I want to write a little sumthin' about a trend in floral arrangements that I absolutely love. And seems to be an especially popular trend in bouts for the boys. I saw these fern curl bouts pop up in one of the recently featured Real Weddings on The Knot, and also in The Bride's Cafe (which I discovered via Style Me Pretty recently). I find the one on the right particularly fetching, although I may be biased because its close to my wedding colors, but I think the fern curl really pops against the bright leaves and berries, which are similar to some that I was considering using as an accent for the bouquets.














I also think the fern curls look quite nice in bouquets. Below is an example, again from The Bride's Cafe. I like that they're subtle, but also offer a great texture that few flowers or leaves can offer. They really pop out of the bouquet, without looking crazy. I also think they are really adorable for detail shots as well. I mean, how cute is the one on the left that makes a little heart?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?